The Body Zone Figure Skating Club strives to provide a supportive and inclusive environment for all skaters; to encourage and facilitate the instruction, practice and advancement of members in any of the disciplines of figure skating consistent with the USFSA Guidelines; and to cultivate a spirit of fraternal feeling among skaters.
Bodyzone FSC is a member club of the U.S. Figure Skating Association. Membership is open to individuals who are skaters as well as those interested in supporting the development and growth of figure skating at a local level. USFS and BZFSC requires a parent to register for membership with the skater if the skater is under the age of 18. The membership year runs from July 1 to June 30. Membership includes a subscription to Skating magazine, voting rights, rights to test, participate, and compete in U.S. sanctioned events.
- Check the bulletin board and website www.bodyzonefigureskatingclub.org for information and updates.
- Punch Cards are $100 for members and $130 for nonmembers. They may be purchased at the Body Zone Ice Desk. They can purchase 30 minute (20 punches) or 60 minute (10 punches) cards. Once card are punched there are no credits.
- Cost for hourly sessions is Members $12 ($6 per 1/2) without a punch card; Nonmembers $15 ($8 per 1/2) without a punch card.
- Currently there are 2 exhibitions per year sponsored by the club.
- There are two test sessions planned this year. Please contact Test Chair for more information.
Volunteer Background Check information
This link is to inform you regarding PA law on child abuse clearances.
All individuals over 18 that volunteer/work with our children must have their PA clearances. Per this page, PA law requires it. On this page, another link will be listed, www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis. The compass link is where you go to obtain your PA Child Abuse History Clearance. Everyone that falls under volunteer has ZERO cost to obtain clearances. The clearances needed are:
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance;
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check https://epatch.state.pa.us
IF clearances are not handed in a timely manner, you MAY NOT participate in programs that are giving you direct contact with our kids – including ice monitoring.
Body Zone requires all of its employees to have their clearances as part of their on boarding process. All of our LTS coaches should have this already. They will need to submit a copy just like everyone else. Any coach that does not participate in paid programs through BZ will need to obtain these clearances. Their is a third clearance and it is for anyone who is paid to work with children. It is:
- Federal Bureau of Investigation Criminal Background Check.
This does have a fee and you must go to a center that can do the fingerprinting. Only coaches would need the third clearance.